Introducing the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire at iboardshorts, a perfect union of comfort, durability and limitless performance. With its super-stretch, lightweight fabric and superior structure, the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire is the most innovative boardshort to hit the market in more than a decade. Accept no imitations. Available in two colours, black and blue with the main difference the fine design detail across the back of the short
What is the Hurley Phantom Fabric?
- Compressed micro fibers woven with spandex create unparalleled 140% stretch
- Infused with ground breaking nano technology in water repellency to absorb less water than other boardshorts
- Finest quality micro yarns produce a soft and silky touch to skin
- Exclusive to Hurley Phantom series boardshorts
- Designed with no inseam, leaving zero restriction in performance while maximizing comfort
- Overall seam and panel placement designed to promote natural flex patterns of the body
- Ensures consistency in fit and construction
Welded Seam Construction
- Improved durability and a 50% increased stretch over traditional stitched seams
- Lay flat against the skin resulting in minimal rub and less skin irritation
- Virtually invisible seams
- Production at the world’s premier welding facilities ensures the highest quality boardshort construction
- Velcro-less fly closure developed and patented by Hurley that streamlines the short and adds comfort
- Maintains adjustability in the closure and removes negative aspects of the dated Velcro fly, such as snagging, peeling fabric, chafing, bulk and discomfort
- A lightweight support system of tensile fibers that come together as the foundation for the closure panel
- High strength threads work like cables on a suspension bridge with support engineered precisely where needed
- Provides the ultimate strength and support while eliminating metal grommets
Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire Boardshorts Features
- Super Stretch - Enhanced mobility is at the heart of every significant innovation in performance surfing. The Hurley Phantom fabric and welded seem construction allows an unprecedented range of motion in the water.
- Water Repellent - Water repellency and quick dry finishing allows the Hurley Phantom boardshort to absorb far less water than other boardshorts, reducing weight, drag, and cling.
- Superior Structure - Nike Flywire incorporated into waistband closure panels increases structure and stability while reducing bulk, weight, and eliminating metal grommets.
- Ultra Lightweight - Micro-polyamide yarns and Velcro-free EZ fly, coupled with no-sew and hardware free construction, combine to produce the lightest boardshort ever created by Hurley
- Chafe No More - Hurley Phantom fabric, EZ-fly, welded seam construction, lack of inseam, and the elimination of hardware decrease chafe while increasing comfort and durability.
Take a closer look at the Hurley Phantom Project
Hurley Nike Flywire Frequently Asked Questions
What makes the construction of this boardshort so unique?
The Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire’s construction is unique due to the combination of the Hurley
Phantom fabric’s 140% stretch and welded seam construction, which allow for an unprecedented range of motion in the water.
Why is range of motion important?
The key for optimal performance in any athletic endeavor - whether it be yoga, football or anything in between - is enhanced mobility. Striving to achieve complete range of motion is at the heart of every significant innovation in performance surfing.
What does it mean for a boardshort to have 140% stretch?
Rigid fabrics are not conducive to achieving contorted positions, so maximum stretch enhances comfort
and range of motion. Most boardshorts on the market today have 5% to 10% stretch. Some competitors
have stretch fabrics, but the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire’s 140% four-way stretch truly paves the
way for true performance.
What is Nike Flywire, and why put it in the waistband of a boardshort?
Nike Flywire is a technology originally developed to decrease weight and add structure to track shoes:
The high strength threads bring stability just as cables on a suspension bridge provide support and
strength precisely where it’s needed. In 2008, Hurley Design Director Ryan Hurley saw its potential to
replace traditional lace and grommet board short closures that tend to ride up and shift around the waist
of the wearer.
How does the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire feel to the surfer wearing them?
The Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire is soft, lightweight, and comfortable while simultaneously strong
and supportive in a complex environment, so it encourages the surfer to simply be one with the ocean. If
a surfer is unhampered physically, he is unrestricted mentally, and this helps enhance the sport’s soulful experience.
Why is water repellency an important attribute in the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire? Aren’t all board shorts water repellent?
The Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire absorbs far less water than other boardshorts because it combines ground breaking nano technology in water repellency with quick dry finishing. The wearer can expect improved performance due to reduced weight, as well as increased comfort and range of motion.
How does a surfer benefit from having Nike Flywire in his boardshorts?
The benefits of wearing Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire include:
- The ability to move more confidently through powerful water, thanks to the stability that Nike Flywire provides
- More effective and commanding movement because the boardshort is lightweight and lacks bulk
- The boardshort can outlast any competitors because it doesn’t have metal grommets at the waist that are known to tear and degrade fabric over time.
How does the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire address chafe, that uncomfortable irritation that results from boardshorts that rub the waist and thighs?
Chafe decreases for the surfer in the Hurley Phantom with Nike Flywire thanks to the combination of the Phantom fabric, EZ-fly, welded seam construction, lack of any inseam, and the elimination of hardware. Increased comfort and durability means more time in the water.